Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yesterday's Points Debacle

Yesterday was the 19th anniversary of the day (err, night) Jughead and I began dating. 19 years! Mindful all day that it might be nice to celebrate said anniversary with perhaps a nice dinner and some even nicer champagne, I tried to play it safe with points. I even went so far as to gather up a bounty of multigrain products at Trader Joe's so they would stand ready for my snacking needs. (sidenote: multigrain pretzel rods? don't bother)

I'm not going to bore you with a detailed account of everything I ate and what it cost me pointwise. Oh, wait, yes I am, because that's the reason we started this blog!
Wed, October 1:
coffee 0
Fiber One bar 2
yogurt with Fiber One mixed in 2
banana 2
pretzels 1
apple 1
and here's where it gets dicey...
PeiWei minced chicken lettuce wraps 8.5
champagne 10

Yes, I know, the two bottom items account for my entire daily point allowance. But both were sooooo worth it. And I did have some activity points....later.....

I didn't realize as the cork was popping that the effervescent happy juice was going to tally up at 2 points for every half-cup serving. Come on--I had to be burping at least 2 points after every sip! But, had I to do it all over again, I'd still split the bottle with Jughead. Happy 19 years, Sweetie!

1 comment:

DJ said...

I'd say the champagne points were canceled out by the activity points, you tiger. I'm glad we finally popped the cork. (On the champagne, of course.) Happy anniversary!

The Donger